Thursday 25 March 2010

Darren (Kitmonster) Sutton


No. Years Paddling: 9 (this time) plus lots as a small person
Random Fact: I love generous millionaires, do you know any? Please pass on my details?
About Me: I live in Malmesbury with my wife Karen and my two sons Jack and Tom, Tom is a BCU 2 star and Karen and Jack will also be paddling this year which is great.
Some of my formative years were spent living in Hong Kong, and in the summer I was very lucky and spent weeks windsurfing, sailing, kayaking etc, basically water runs through my veins. Like many other people I had a break and then got back into paddling about 8 years ago after spotting a boat, paddle and spraydeck in a Tesco supermarket advert in Tetbury.
I then found the boat club, with Martin and about two other people. I was addicted. Since then I have had more boats than I can remember and spent lots of time being coached and now coaching, I am now a BCU 4 star white water leader and new level 1 coach.

Other things I get up to are I am an advanced open water diver, runner (slow) and a First Responder for the Ambulance service and can often be found racing round in ambulances or rapid response cars.


No comments:

Post a Comment